Heating failure?

R

robg172

Hi all, I've got a Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 combi linked to a Drayton Digistat.

I keep losing the central heating and the only way to start it again is to switch the plug on and off that powers the Digisat SCR (wireless receiver box). Trouble is, it works fine for a period (hours, sometimes days) then stops again.

Hot water is always ok even when the heating stops working, so I'm assuming I have a problem somewhere with the wireless system?

Help! :)

Sponsored Links
check where your receiver for your digi stat is installed and check against the manufacturers instructions things to look for are , is it within 300mm of the boiler ? is it near another electrical appliance fridge microwave etc? these will all cause the signal to be lost

check where your receiver for your digi stat is installed and check against the manufacturers instructions things to look for are , is it within 300mm of the boiler ? is it near another electrical appliance fridge microwave etc? these will all cause the signal to be lost

Hi, yes all installed ok. It has been working for nearly 5 years without fault. Only started happening recently.

have you tried replacing the batteries ? only use Duracell or equivalent dont use cheap ones they wont work

Sponsored Links
have you tried replacing the batteries ? only use Duracell or equivalent dont use cheap ones they wont work

Hi yes, however it seems more a problem with the receiver box that is connected to the mains plug. Only switching this on and off temporarily cures the heating problem.

Yes, often replacing that capacitor will cure some of these types of fault on a Drayton Digistat or the British Gas rebadged version.

When the unit shows a green light but the relay is not energised to bring on the boiler then its usually that capacitor which has lost capacitance and does not provide enough voltage to operate the 24v relay. It is used to drop the mains 230v down to the 24v for the circuit and relay.

I keep those capacitors for repairing them in stock.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back