Heating in Conservatory.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a conservatory built in 1996-7.

It has no"fixed" heating in it fulll stop. (It does however have a fan heater in winter when required)

Am I right in assuming considering the age it would not full foul of any building regs associated with heating.

And not be deemed to fall foul of the requirement to have a means of issolating the main house central heating system and any radiators teed off from it, into the conservatory. As there are no radiators in the consevatory

Sponsored Links
You can put a fan heater wherever you like and building regs won't stop you.The only rule is that the house's main heating can't serve the conservatory unless the conservatory meets the insulation standards for a habitable room.

I don't think this requirement would apply to you due to the age of the building. I had a conservatory signed off by building control with no door between the house and the conservatory and 2 * 3kw tower rads serving the area directly from my central heating system. This was built in 2001, I recently replaced it, but building control didn't have these rules back then as far as I know.

Sponsored Links
The building is old but this concerns new work on the heating system which is a controlled service.

Having said that, if you're happy to do it, you'll probably get away with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back