Heating is pathetic

You say that you have a 3-port valve wired as W plan. Do you mean that you have a valve with five wires or one with three wires?

I have one with five wires, but wired to emulate a three wire one.( wiring instructions from honeywell)

Sponsored Links
I have one with five wires, but wired to emulate a three wire one.( wiring instructions from honeywell)
White and grey connected together and orange not used - am I correct?

Honeywell Wiring Guide has fault finding instructions for a W-plan. Just remember that, when it refers to the brown wire, in your case it means the combined white and grey wires. Note that the cylinder stat is wired in series with the CH stat, i.e the CH switched live goes to the COMMON of the HW stat.

Thanks D_H for your help, I'm going to find that info useful.
Thanks also to all who have taken the trouble to read and reply. I'm determined to sort this out, and am encouraged to continue in my efforts to do so.
This is definitely a work in progress and I will keep this post updated as to how things are going, hopefully so as to be a help to anyone else in the same or similar predicament..............watch this space..... :D :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back