Heating not coming on but hot water fine ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi plumbers!:)

I have a slight concern and would like some expert help / knowledge if I may please?:

I think my room stat is faulty. I have my heating set for 6am-7am in the mornings at the moment, and it does not seem to be coming on... I have also just tried to override it now and it is still not coming on still. Is my room stat faulty? How do I know if it is the room stat that is faulty and not something else? My hot water is fine, so I am guessing it is not the pump?? is the room stat which is the problem or could it be anything else ???

Sponsored Links
It could be anything!

The obvious question is if the room stat is turned to a lower temperature that the actual temperature. I have not used heating for the last couple of weeks because its too hot!

If you were competent you could bypass the room stat.

Tony

how would i bypass it?

also, i know it's been way too hot!! but in the early mornings i just wanted it on for when i first get up/take a shower, etc.

i turned the room stat up to max and put it on override but still no joy! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back