Heating not working after replacing room stat...

Sponsored Links
Fair enough, but as I stated before what/where would I be checking, now that the room stat is by-passed?? Please read the thread before repeating a suggestion! :rolleyes:

You haven't told us how you are getting hot water. Are you using the immersion heater or does the boiler fire up when hot water is selected on the clock.

My advice......get someone in 'cos this could run and run :)

Immersion heater for hot water.

I think I will be getting someone out soon, just wanted to check on here first as it was working one minute and not the next and I was hoping it would be something simple. Such Luck! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
HI,
sounds similar to a problem I had a few months back. Everything looked OK except the boiler would not fire up.
It turned out to be the three-way valve not moving far enough to operate the microswitch which completes the circuit to the boiler.
I found it by accident by fiddling with it having tried everything else - there was a small lever sticking out the side that when "helped" along solved the problem. So a new valve and all has been well since.

Hi,
Well, MY valve is located beside the hot water cylinder just in front of the wiring centre. It is the motorised three-way valve that directs the boiler to either central heating or hot water and if you have one it is at the tee of three 28mm pipes. The valve has a switch inside that completes the electrical circuit to the boiler.
I don't know if that will help, but I'm afraid it's the best I can do.

Best of luck with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back