Heating on full blast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mum's heating is on full blast even though the thermostat is set for 20 degrees.
I've turned it off for the moment and the frost override symbol has come up but I'm not sure what the symbol to the right of it means.
Can anyone advise?
IMG_20231001_113448.jpg

Sponsored Links
What make of thermostat is it? Have you had a read through the manual?

The frost symbol could denote the stat is in winter setting ergo, heating and HW is on rather than summer HW only as against it's a 'frost setting' The glass with the line through it could be that it's 'not' in party mode whereby it would be always on.

Someone who knows what stat it is may be able to clarify as I don't recognise it from that narrow pic

Reactions: CBW
To me the symbol looks like a pretend aerial, so I would guess no radio contact. Still, just a total guess.

What type of boiler/system setup does she have?

Sponsored Links
To me the symbol looks like a pretend aerial, so I would guess no radio contact. Still, just a total guess.
It is what Rab says

OP, can you adjust the 29.5 degree reading
I suspect that is what is applying the demand

I had a thermostat loose radio contact in my mothers house, however that did not affect the TRV's I could still turn temp down on them, and the boiler would still modulate, or start to cycle once at min output, so only real problem was the boiler cycling on/off it did not cause any over heating.

Looks like an ESI Esrtp4rf

And the symbol does show a loss of signal...

Screenshot_20231002-141104_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You ain’t seen nothing yet lad. Honeywell uses a glass symbol to signify party mode:giggle:
So do Vokera but as suggested looks like it was the latter, hence the hedging of the bettage in my original post ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back