Heating on, Thermostat off.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a weird problem I'm hoping for some advice on. I've had an issue with my mid position valve fixed recently (central heating was coming on when only the water was switched on). This has now been fixed.

Prior to this I had HIVE installed. Everything has been working fine until a couple of nights ago.

At around 3am for the last 2 nights, the central heating comes on. Everything (hot water and heating) on my HIVE app is switched to OFF, yet the flame in the corner shows heating as 'on'. When i go to the thermostat downstairs, there are no lights suggesting anything is 'on', it just looked switched off like normal.

The only way I'm able to turn it off is by turning the boiler off and back on.

Any advice on this would be massively appreciated.

Sponsored Links
What is "the flame in the corner"?

On the HIVE app, there is a flame that lights up orange when the heating is 'on', and stays grey when its 'off'. The app clearly says the heating is 'off', but the flame is orange, indicating it is 'on'. once i turned the boiler off and back on, it goes back to normal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back