Heating only works when Water On

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We problems with our CH.

Having checked the system when I put the CH on the rads do not heat up, but if I then also put the HW the rads do heat up.

When I switch the HW on I can feel a pump near the cylinder come on, should this not come on when the CH is switched on also?

We have only moved in a few months and have had little reason to turn the heating on so far.

Thanks for any help.

Jason

Sponsored Links
We need more details of your system. Motorised valves in evidence??

Sounds like the microswitch had it in the ch zone valve head, assuming you have one.

New valve head needed.

Sponsored Links
Sorry,

Their is a motorised valve (Sunvic SD 1602), I removed it to inspect and it appears to turn its complete throw when I turn the from the control unit to CH ON.

The boiler is located on the ground floor, controls and cylinder are upstairs with a pump and a motorised valve.

dont know much about central heating but i had the same problem when i moved to my curent house.
turned out that was the way it was wired. i got an engineer in to change the programmer and the wiring and it has worked fine since. the guy said to me that some systems are wired like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back