Heating pipes laid over DPM...will it melt?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've put a DPM down and wrapped the copper heating pipes in gaffer tape. I hope this isn't a silly question but is there any possibility that the heating pipes will melt the DPM as its only plastic.

Sponsored Links
Offpage, but while you have the bathroom stripped out, why not undercoat and first coat the walls and ceiling?

Sponsored Links
If you're screeding that floor, consider laying a bit of insulation and underfloor heating pipes now. Don't have to use em but you've then got future potential

Thank you for all the advice

It's only a little downstairs loo so I've decided to lay the DPM, then batton out with 2x1 and put 25mm celotex in between. Then on top will be 18mm WBP ply before priming and tiling.

Does that sound ok?

I would like to finish this job tomorrow so if anyone can offer any advice on what to fill in around the copper pipes and walk edges that would be really helpful. I was thinking of just using expanding foam. Them finishing with a vapour control sheet and 18mm WBP ply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back