Heating Pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of running some heating pipes in my extension in 15mm Speedfit, is this a good idea? What are the pros and cons. Need to run through joists so seems the obvious answer, otherwise I'd need joints in the copper between almost every joint. What would they have done pre-plastic? (Notching I suppose.) Are there any regs regarding this?

Also I am going to run some down the inside (obviously) of an external wall behind the dot and dab, should I consider lagging them?

Much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would use copper, you could use plastic if you wish

Cut notches in the joists just deep enough for the pipes, but no deeper than I/8 the depth of the joist

Measure the room across and devide this into four, the joist should be notched no more than 1/4 of the span from a wall, and no closer than 280mm

As an engineer I wouldnt run the pipes down the wall behind the plasterboard, although I've seen many builders do this.

I would run them external to the board and box them so that they would be readily accessible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back