heating problem

seco services, yes i do have one of those and i am coming around to the fact that it may be that. the heating has totally gone now i think ill have to bite the bullet and get a plumber . a new programmer would have been easy but whether it is the pump or the motorised valve checked the pump last night and it is turning so i am edging towards the valve[/quote]

Sponsored Links
yes i do have one of those
Well done - you've got within a hair's breadth of being specific.

and i am coming around to the fact that it may be that.
The thing you're coming round to is not a fact.

the heating has totally gone now i think ill have to bite the bullet and get a plumber. a new programmer would have been easy
What would have been easy is for you to describe your system as requested in the topic listed here, which is called "Before you post a question please read this:", but you haven't done that. Instead, you've embarked on a series of assumptions and wild guesses that are doing no more than wasting everyone's time and making you very confused.

but whether it is the pump or the motorised valve
At the moment, it could be pretty much anything - you've travelled absolutely zero distance down the path of fault-finding

checked the pump last night
No. You didn't. You only think that you did.

it is turning
You've made another assumption. You might think that the spindle is turning, but that doesn't mean that the pump is pumping. If the spindle isn't turning when it should, then you can conclude that the pump is jammed or has failed. If the spindle is turning, then you can't conclude anything except that some electrical power is reaching the pump.

so i am edging towards the valve
In that case edge away again, have a cup of tea, post the information you've been asked for, and be guided by the people who know how to do what you don't.

Softus
Got you're MB's on again :rolleyes: excessive and irrelevant quoting yet your post don't attract the Mod's attention why? I'm sure I've seen mod 11 quote that little beauty many times before.

softus if you think i am wasting your time why bother answering my post you trolling waste of space, get a life or a wife and stop bothering me . you probably know less than i do regarding heating systems now grow up and p1ss off away or are you going to have to answer this because you have nothing better to do.....................go play with a spanner you nut

Sponsored Links
however now its a lottery whether it will come on or not , after a reset it works everytime, but may not work the next time , when not working the electronic timer says it is 'on' but the pump does not sound like it is
have i read this wrong??? when you select heating and you say the pump dosent come on just use a big flat head and unscrew the centre screw bit of water but not alot and just slide you driver in n see if the impeller is spinning.

taken the screw out and the impeller is spinning i was guessing this means the pump is working :?:

why bother answering my post
Because:-

1. There's faint chance that you might still wake up and provide the information that's being requested.
2. Other people reading the topic will become aware of how not to ask for help.

you probably know less than i do regarding heating systems
You should be on the stage with a joke like that.

I've lost count of the number of heating systems I've fixed this week, and I've got three to go to now. Meanwhile, if you like sitting there in the cold then don't read this.

bellairaphon

thanks for your help i have found a replacement from screwfix which should fit straight onto the original back plate going to give that a try but thanks all the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back