heating programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton EP2000 programmer died of death and I bought a Sunvic 207 off the shelf to replace it. Thought my existing had the industry standard backplate upon initial viewing. However, when I\\\'ve gone to fit it and despite the Sunvic details stating all corresponding connections are the same, there is an extra wire which i cannot fit.

Wires go into N, L, 3 and 4 but on the Potterton there is an additional terminal 5 which has a link from the L terminal. Do i need to bother with this or does the Sunvic model have this link built internally?

Another point which i would be grateful for advice on is whether i select the dip which for a pumped system or gravity system. How do I tell. Wall hung boiler in kitchen with flow and return pipes leading up to airing cupboard which houses a pump.

Thanks for any guidance.

Sponsored Links
Terminal 5 is linked to Live, so is the same as the Live terminal. You effectively have 4 terminals on the Potty and 4 on the Sunny, but do check the instructions and the circuit diagram that you might find for hte Potty.

As for whether your system is pumped or gravity, do you have one flow pipe which goes to the pump, followed by a motorised valve (or two), or are there two different flow pipes from the top tappings of the boiler, the larger of which goes directly to the cylinder?

just figured the terminals out but thanks.
There is only one flow pipe like you describe - so it's a pumped system??and I should set the dip switch accordingly?

thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back