Heating staying on after being turned off at programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last night my central heating didn't turn off after I turned it off at the programmer..I wonder if anyone could help me diagnose the problem?

I have a honeywell 3 port system.

I have my hot water on constant and heating on timed (or i turn it off manually)

Basically, last night I turned off my heating and left the hot water on constant as I normally do, but the radiators were still hot long afterwards. I then turned both hot water and heating off over night. This morning, I turned just the hot water on and it worked fine (ie cylinder heated up but central heating remained off. Then I had both on during the day and, once again, the heating remained on after it was turned off at the programmer this evenong...any thoughts/help?

I was thinking maybe the ball in the valve was getting stuck or perhaps the valve head requires changing?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
I think it maybe a faulty 3 port valve as you stated & time to call in your local Plumber/Heating Engineer.
HTH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back