Y plan central heating problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating system works fine except that when the heating or hot water is switched off by the programmer the pump continues to run constantly. I have replaced programmer and 3 port valve without any improvement. I guess that the pump should run for a number of minutes after the system turns off in order to cool the boiler but I dont know what controls this. Has anyone any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Not all boilers have pump overun & the ones that do the pump live is controlled by the boiler. What make is your boiler?

Not all boilers have pump overun & the ones that do the pump live is controlled by the boiler. What make is your boiler?
The boiler is a Baxi Solo. I've managed to find a manual on the "net", I believe that the main thermostat could be the source of the fault. What do you think?

Thanks for your reply.

Sponsored Links
Depending which Solo it is, I would suspect the pcb, especially if it is a Solo 3.

The pump is wired to and controlled by the pcb.

gas4you";p="1231495 said:
Depending which Solo it is, I would suspect the pcb, especially if it is a Solo 3.

The pump is wired to and controlled by the pcb.

Thanks Dave,

I had a look at the PCB and found a loose connection, so I tightened it up and fingers crossed I think the problem is solved

Brill thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back