Y plan system heating not working and no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a y plan central heating system pump and 3 port valve seem to be working fine. But have no hot water or central heating was working fine when I went to work yesterday and today it's not. So any ideas would be great as don't want pay bank holiday rates if there is a simple fix.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Pump sounds like it is running normal, when I switch on the hot water the motor seems to make a noise and move like it always has. The boiler is a maxol morroco.

Remove the large screw in the centre of the pump and check it is spinning when the system is turned on.

Have a cloth to hand as a small amount of water will come out. You can spin the pump with a large flat screw driver.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I'm not familiar with that boiler. I'll try and see if I can find a manual for it. Being an older boiler it probably has a manual overheat stat. That's what I would check first.

Immersion wouldnt affect the Central Heating. If you've neither hot water or central heating then first thing would be to check the boiler is firing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back