Heating stays on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI new to this forum and looking for some assistance.
I have a oil fired heating system with 2 underfloor heating zones, one of which was re routed a few years back.

One of the zones has developed a fault recently with the heating staying running on all the time even when I turn the control unit off.

The control unit is a Danfoss TP5000 battery operated room thermostat. Batteries are fine and have been replaced to make sure.

The only way I can turn the heating off in this zone is to either turn the mains supply of (which controls everything) or remove the Danfoss unit from the wall.

I suspect the Danfoss is faulty rather than the pump but could be wrong, is there an easy way to find out.

Sponsored Links
It's likely that you have a zone valve that has failed it would be beneficial to those trying to offer advice if you could post some pics of your present set up

There should be resistance on the lever of the actuator when the thermostat or power supply is off is this the case ??

Sponsored Links
The syncron motor in the actuator only drives open when there is a power supply to it if with the power supply on and the thermostat set to off and the lever on the actuator is still stiff to operate I would argue that is a thermostat problem
Do you have any experience with using a mains tester or multimeter in a safe manor ??
Can you identify where the cable flex from the zone valve goes to ?

No afraid not, however a luck has it I have an electrician due in a couple of days to fix some lighting, I'll ask him to test for me and will post what he advises.

Many thanks

The syncron motor in the actuator only drives open when there is a power supply to it if with the power supply on and the thermostat set to off and the lever on the actuator is still stiff to operate I would argue that is NOT a thermostat problem
Do you have any experience with using a mains tester or multimeter in a safe manor ??
Can you identify where the cable flex from the zone valve goes to ?

Sorry :rolleyes:

Shouldn't take to long for the sparks to identify the problem

Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back