Replacing central heating controls...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

At the minute we have a two-zone central heating system. One zone is the living room, which has it's own wireless (I think) Danfoss TP5000 programmable room thermostat:

The 2nd zone is the heating in the rest of the house, and is controlled by a Danfoss TP9000i programmable thermostat (which also does the hot water):

At the minute, the main programmer is located upstairs in the airing cupboard, and mounted about 6ft up on the wall. It's so awkwardly out of the way, and to top it all off, my 7mth pregnant wife struggles to reach it to control the hot water/heating etc...

So my question is, am I able to replace both these programmable thermostats with a single wireless unit, which could be located handily in the kitchen or utility room downstairs, but would control both heating zones and the hot water? Obviously this would require separate wireless thermostats.

If it helps, this is the heating system...

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Both these units should be at eye level. Both units are thermostats that give you three levels of heat requirement- frost protection, background heat and heat level when you sitting down with your feet up. The programmers you have , have 6 temperature chafes per day

You cannot, in my estimation, have a better setup, be it installed incorrectly.

Suggest the units be moved to suit.

TP9000 will/ might have a matchbox sized sensor remote located.
To replace this unit with wireless will be expensive exercise, especially when there is nothing wrong with the unit you have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back