Boiler & Heating Controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to buy a wireless room thermostat to control heating and have seen a few on the web. I also need to buy a boiler programmer to control my central heating & Hot water. What I was wondering was, is there a combined device which would do all of this (Heating, HW and Room temperature control)??

Sponsored Links
I need to buy a wireless room thermostat to control heating and have seen a few on the web. I also need to buy a boiler programmer to control my central heating & Hot water. What I was wondering was, is there a combined device which would do all of this (Heating, HW and Room temperature control)??
As far as I know, no one makes a combined unit.

Danfoss have a solution using the WP75-RF programmable cylinder thermostat, TP7000-RF programmable room thermostat and the RX2 two-channel receiver. The only problem with this solution is that the WP75-RF has to be hard wired to the temperature sensor attached to the boiler, which limits the location of the WP75-RF. It is also expensive about £230

Considering the few occasions when the hot water times and/or temperature need to be changed, there is no reason why the hot water controls should not be remote from the heating controls, e.g in the airing cupboard with the HW cylinder, and probably the pump and motorized valve. A simple single channel timer and cylinder stat will do the job. Cost about £60

A single channel programmable wireless thermostat can then be used for the central heating, e.g the Honeywell CM921 or CM927. Cost about £100

You can usually pick up these items brand new on ebay for less than the prices above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back