No central heating controller/programmer!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After hunting high and low, I've come to the conclusion that the central heating in my house doesn't have a programmer/controller!!!

Is this normal? The central heating runs off a combi boiler.

Is it easy to install a controller? The only control is a wireless thermostat and I obviously don't want the central heating maintaining the house at a certain temperature all night

Sponsored Links
Is it, maybe , a programmable room stat. You wont have a timer for the hot water with a combi.

The rts doesn't have a make or model written on it but I think it might have come with the combi boiler which is a Baxi.

I know that the programmer doesn't need to control the hot water because combi boilers provide hot water on demand but I just don't want to waste gas by having the heating on all night.

I didn't know you can get programmable wireless room stats... I imagine that this would prob be the best solution.

Sponsored Links
Can you post a pic of the stat, we may be able to tell you if it's programmable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back