Worcester Bosch 24 Ri boiler controls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

I need some help. I have just purchased a 24RI as a replacement for an old Glow-worm Fuelsaver, and I want to upgrade the central heating controls at the same time. It's an indirect 'y' system.

I want to install controls which give me as much flexibility as possible over setting the hot water and central heating times and room temperatures. Ideally I would have liked to install a wireless programmer, but I understand from Worcester Bosch that this isn't possible with this boiler. Is there such a thing as a wired programmer that will communicate with a wireless room stat? Failing that what would you recommend as I will need to buy a combination of wired programmer/room stat/cylinder stat. There are Drayton TRVs on all radiators apart from the hall (with room stat) and bathroom.

Finally would I get better control if I replaced the current mid-position valve with two 2 port valves for central heating and hot water.

I'd be grateful for any advice or information to improve my existing set-up.

Sponsored Links
Your installer :rolleyes: should be able to advise you better.

However look at the evohome kit from Honeywell.

Although if you are budgeting to an Ri it might be out of your range.

My original post was to check out opinions and try and get some other views on what the possibilities were before committing myself to a new set of system controls or re-jigging pipework which could be expensive and not deliver any real benefits.

I've just checked out the Honeywell Evohome system, and you're right it's way out of my league. £1178.00 plus cost of installation according to their web calculator.

Has anyone out there any other alternative suggestions or advice

This is a case of champagne ideas, beer money.

If you want high tech controls it will cost.

If you want to time individual rooms on the cheap then look at the peglar itemp and Danfoss equivalent programmable trvs

Sponsored Links
I can see no reason why you should not fit a wireless programmer to the Worcester 24Ri. It does seem a rather overpowered boiler unless you live in a six bedroom detached or larger house.

Well, actually I can! I suspect that you are not employing a Gas Reg installer whom would normally be the person to ask these questions.

Instead you telephone Worcester who probably gave you a reply based solely on what they manufacture themselves.

A Salus is probably at your budget level.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back