Heating System Flush - Clogged Again

RDD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just over a month ago I had my heating system flushed due to the downstairs radiators being for the most part, cold.

A flush through with cleaner worked a treat, and the system was running beautifully, quiet and all radiators were hot to the bottom, that was until this week when we started to lose the downstairs radiators again, possibly as a result of the cleaner (a light mix was left in) loosing effectiveness.

So my query is, should we have to pay again to get the same guy out, as it could be argued the job hasn't been done to a satisfactory standard? OR would/should he expect to get paid again, as it could be counter argued it's not his fault the system's clogged up again (due to loosened particles etc)?

I'm interested to hear both sides, thanks!

Sponsored Links
What sort of flush did you have done?
1. The addition of a cleaning chemical and its circulating round the system followed by running the water to drain. OR
2. A full power flush using a flushing machine, specific chemicals, and culminating in testing the system water for its pH and turbidity?
How long did the flush take?
How many radiators do you have?

From memory it was (probably) X800 circulated for a couple of hours, then an inhibitor/X400 (possibly) mix left in, with water obviously.

No power flush oldbuffer, just a hose I think, and 9 radiators.

Sponsored Links
Not unreasonable to expect him to do it again, properly and for free.

It obviously loosened material, which didn't get flushed out the first time around - it just wasn't flushed out well enough.

• Thanks
Reactions: RDD
Not unreasonable to expect him to do it again, properly and for free.

It obviously loosened material, which didn't get flushed out the first time around - it just wasn't flushed out well enough.

That pretty much echoes my thoughts to be honest.

X800 is far too aggressive, regardless of what they say, it eats pump bearings for fun, you must never leave it in, it has to be completely flushed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back