Heating system, Potterton gas boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Suprima 120L gas boiler heating a radiator circuit and the dhw. Since turning the heating back on after the summer (some 2 weeks ago) the system does not put the radiators or the hot water up to temperature. Initial firing is fine and it would appear to run for some 20mins before the boiler starts to then cut back on firing. Not sure if just a coincidence but when the programmer is moved from the 'timed' operation to 'on' the heating and hw do eventually reach normal temp.
Radiators have been bled and there does not appear to be sludge either at the pump or at the rads.
Any ideas

Sponsored Links
What pump have you got fitted to your system, and how have you checked it? It does sound like a circulation fault on first reading.

If thats a picture taken today, then I would suggest the boiler needs expert attention as the combustion chamber has been opened. Please get it checked for safe operation and turn it off until it can be verified.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
yes picture taken today, just opened the housing to check cables ect.
I am a building services engineer but more used to design rather than fault finding on this type of system. Will replace housing shortly.

Hi, just to answer the question about the pump working, pipework before and after hot so assuming pumo is ok. I can check live neutral and earth with multimeter if you think its an issue?

I'm sorry, please don't take offence, but you are probably out of your comfort zone with this. For your own safety, I recommend you get the boiler checked for safety asap. I believe it to be a circulation fault, but there are many things to check and this is best left to experts. I wish you luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back