Potterton Suprima 80 - open system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be grateful for any opinions anyone has on the following problems:-

Potterton Suprima 80 - open system about 9 radiators over a three bedroom flat.

One cold radiator at far end of system - system bled regularly (almost daily at the moment).
Whole system power flushed about six weeks ago (lots of sludge came out). Then the cold radiator removed and cleaned out (lot of sludge still in that radiator).

Boiler continually going into lockout - (sometimes many times a day).
When the pump is set at three the lockout problem is worse the boiler makes alot of knocking noises and the system pumps lots of water into the header tank which then vents water out of the overflow. However some heat does seem to get to the base of the cold radiator.
Pump at two fewer lockouts and less overflow issues no heat to back radiator.
When the pump is set at one the lockout problem is reduced but no hot water reaches the cold radiator and no overflow.

The boiler was serviced about 20 months ago and heat exchanger changed I am not sure if the PCB was changed but the one there is the modern one with the square button reset.

Any thoughts appreciated as me and several plumbers seem to be stumped by these problems.

Thanks

Rick

Sponsored Links
Cold feed blocked ,needs cutting out and replacing, power-flushing will not remove blockage from there.

You are getting pumping over where boiler flow is coming out of your f/e vent pipe due to blocked cold feed

Do you mean the cold feed to the header tank which is controlled by a tap and is delivering cold water to the header tank.

Sponsored Links
OK

Thanks Lightning

So the likely blockage is where the feed from the header tank joins onto the system.

I'll give this a go

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back