Potterton Profile 80e does not fire up.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Potterton Profile 80e (gas) does not fire up.

I bought a house several months ago (but did not move in) and the boiler appeared to be working ok.

I switched off the heating over the summer (the house was empty) and during this period as I had to re-decorate, removed one of the radiators from the system and then re-fitted it & bled the air out.

I went to re-start the boiler and it initially fired up, although after about 5 -10 mins the flames were extinguished. Now it won't light.

Unfortunately the central heating control panel is nowhere near the boiler so I don't know what happens when I switch it on, e.g if it tries to ignite.

The central heating pump is working.

Could it be air in the boiler causing it to lock out?

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
There will be air in the system and the boiler has overheated causing it to switch off.

there is a small button underneith just right of centre, you have to poke your finger through the plastic tray and you should feel it click. CAUTION: SWITCH OFF THE POWER SUPPLY TO THE SYSTEM IF YOU ARE POKING ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!

after that turn the boiler stat right down to min for a while and see if it starts to heat. then once all is heating turn back up to perhaps 4ish

Unfortunately I am not at home right now to try this but, will the air that is in the boiler still not be there and stop it igniting?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back