Heating won't go above 50 degreas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help, I have a Baxi 105e boiler and the central heating side will not go above 50 degrees. A new diverter valve was fitted recently and is working fine. all radiators are warm and there is no air in the system. the pressure gauge on the boiler is holding at 2 bar.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean the room temperature, or the boiler temperature?

If the room temperature, do you have a room thermostat?

Hi can anyone help, I have a Baxi 105e boiler and the central heating side will not go above 50 degrees.
How long has it been like this?
Did it suddenly get this way or has it become gradually worse?
Why was the diverter changed?
Does the dhw work properly?

Sponsored Links
I mean boiler temp, The diverter was changed because there was no dhw but after change over dhw fine now

Lots of reasons

A few obscure things worth checking

1. The micro switches are on the right pins
2. The NTC sensors wired up incorrectly (HW on CH and visa versa)
3.The PCB (if removed) refitted with potentiometer 180° out

The prolem started after the diverter valve was fitted. All the micro switches and sensors are back in the right place. The PCB was not removed

A simple DIY check is to see if all the valves under the boiler are fully open.

A bit more advanced is to remove and clean the CH filter which should be in the return valve but is often on the flow instead.

Tony

as baxpoti said.... has the PCB been out since the problem started????? even more obscure, did the control knobs come out???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back