Heating works very slow recovery on DHW pipe design question

just wandering if this could be a problem with the injector T,on the return pipework off the cylinder,thats if it has one.

Sponsored Links
It does not have an injector T fitted

also yes its a soft water area

chris R any comments on the PIC yes it is pumping over at the start and then settles back very little flow

Sponsored Links
Phew cracked it

the system height (height from tank to F&E) is 7 metres, vent goose neck height was too small

fitted a longer goose neck as per instructions from plumbing book and hey presto I now have Hot water,

(I changed the filler washer in the F&E tank two weeks ago that was enough to change the mean height of the water and cause a flow problem)

Poor design overall and yes I think it was an old gravity system but at least I am back in business

thanks to all the posts it helped

cjd

whilst hot water OK recovery very slow poor flow

took out cylinder and flushed OK, only pipe left was the connecting pipe from vent to cylinder - you can see connecting pipe in picture

cut into and removed pipe hey presto it was totally blocked what was 22mm now had a 1 to 2mm hole in centre.....

replaced pipe now working like a dream with fast recovery......

:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back