heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have a potterton 80f boiler running hot water & heating. My problem is after the pump it has a tee which is 28 from the pump going 22 to three port valve & 15 to bath rad the 15 pipe vibrates so does the 22 going to the three port valve but is a lot worse after the valve. The pump is 15/50
6m.The pump is set on three if i slow it down the boiler cuts out. I have put my hand on the pump and this seems ok. I have put my ear to the hot tank and it sounds quite loud in the coils and also vibrates around the rads.Any ideas would be most appreciated

Sponsored Links
Did this just start to happen or does it do it all of the time.

Can you not just turn the boiler thermostat down a bit and then lower the pump speed, or will the boiler keep on cutting out.

Its been like it since we moved in.i have turned the boiler stat down to 1 and pump speed to 1.I will advise what happens .Thanks for your reply it was appreciated

Do you mean by cutting out: the overheat stat pops, or does the burner turn off?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back