28 Oct 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi hope someone can help my water & heating, are run by a potterton 80f boiler. The pipes from the boiler are 28mm to the pump, 28mm from the pump to a tee,which is 28mm at the top 22mm going to a 3 port valve & 15mm to the bath rad.After the valve there is a lot of vibration, it sounds as though its going through the rads & the joists. But i cannot find any pipe touching the joists.I would be greatfull for any ideas.many thanks
Sponsored Links
If it sounds like a pneumatic drill then go with doyles suggestion
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.But the vibration is not as bad when hot water is on by itself,but much louder when both are on.Most of the vibration comes from the 22mm pipe feeding the rads.Its anoying vibration with a loud hum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local