heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought my first house which is currently fitted with solid fuel central heating heated by a rayburn. I intend to replace this with oil central heating, and I have also been recommended to install a Megaflo water heating system. My house has three bedrooms and 1 bathroom with a bath and a shower. As I don't really know very much about heating systems, should I install a Megaflo and what advantage does it have over a standard water tank?

Sponsored Links
From what the guys have said on this forum (do a search) thr Megaflo is very expensive to have installed and to service so unless you have lots of lolly you need to look at something else.
I personally am a fan of Valliant combi boilers (or any other quality Combi).You heat what water you use and apart from only being able to run 1 hot tap at a time they will do any low usage residence.
Why would you need to run two hot taps anyway, surely other household members can wait a few minutes for user to finish shower or other:cool:

You'll find an explanation of un-vented systems here http://www.plumbingpages.com/featurepages/HWunvented.cfm

I have a Megaflo system. I can't say how much it cost as it was already in the house (from new). The advantages and disadvantages are shown on the link.

The hot water pressure is the same as the cold which is brilliant but it does require a bit of TLC on a regular basis to recharge the tank with air.

Oil combis are usually big floor standing items. If you use a combi boiler for heating and hot water, when you run out of oil you get no hot water!! If you use a cylinder, vented or otherwise, you always got the immersion for back up.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for all the advice, I can see I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking before I decide what heating system to go with!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back