Thermal Store or Unvented Hot Water Cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my whole central heating system (oil) and looking to install a mains pressure hot water system but unsure whether to go for an unvented indirect cylinder like HEATRAE SADIA - MEGAflo or for a Thermal Store. With this I intend to use a high efficiency condensing oil-fired boiler with downstairs on wet underfloor heating and upstairs on rads.

Has anyone any experience.

Sponsored Links
In theory the thermal store is a good gadget, in practice they earn me even more money than a Megaflo, so I'd go for the Megaflo. You must inform building control before you start though, and the installation requirements and the qualification required are strict. It is NOT diy and it is NOT to be done by someone who doesen't hold a certificate.

just curious Oilman but does the unvented certificate ever run out as i did mine about 15 years ago and wondered if its still valid :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back