Heatline C24 Boiler no hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a heatline C24 boiler installed but for some reason when you put the boiler into summber mode just to heat up the hot water and not the central heating nothing happens. As soon as you switch it over to winter mode which is the heating and hot water the boiler kicks in no problem and my heating works fine, but for my hot water i might get a minute of hot/warmish water but not for long. Anyone got any advice they could give me please as to why it wont heat my hot water?
Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Cheap carpy boilers = expensive frequent parts.

Call your installer back check he's plumbed the hot and colds the right way round...

Does the boiler register a demand for hot water?

Is that really a condensing boiler?

Tony

Sponsored Links
On the rare occasion that it condenses yes...

We took one out recently 'cos it was sh1t - here might be where it ended up ;) :LOL:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Hi Tony how're things?

Wow!

To all those who are under two forum years old, that is Dan who used to be a regular poster on forums until he became to busy, got his wife pregnant, became a father.............

I suppose now the recession is starting to bite he has a few minutes of spare time.

Welcome back!

Is it a fleeting visit or the first of regular appearances?

Of course all the real action is inside the Combustion Chamber so you need to send your CORGI number to [email protected] to register.

Tony

Recession not affecting me yet thankfully. Still have more work than man-power. But the phone has been quieter - only 11 voice mails this morning.:evil:

My savings are largely locked into fixed rate interest at 7% for a year so that was a well timed move on my part (permission to feel smug).

My mortgage is fixed for 25 years too so that is sweet - I've a great mortgage adviser if anyone needs..

Missus and baby are away for another week, so I have a bit of spare time - he's been poorly though so not sure if they will let him fly.

that's nice u all having a friendly reunion on my thread lol ;) me though I have no work now this week for the first time in donkys years :( its all been plumbed in correctly cold to cold in hot out and central heating in and out if that helps. I

I have just had a heatline C24 boiler installed but for some reason when you put the boiler into summber mode just to heat up the hot water and not the central heating nothing happens. As soon as you switch it over to winter mode which is the heating and hot water the boiler kicks in no problem and my heating works fine, but for my hot water i might get a minute of hot/warmish water but not for long. Anyone got any advice they could give me please as to why it wont heat my hot water?
Thanks
Paul

so in a round about way you saying that you have heating but no hot water?

your boiler has 2 year warranty, phone valliants heatline number on: 01773 596611 if it is not under warranty ask for a service agents number in your area.

be warned that may ask for the serial number which is a 22 digits long and can be found on the pcb cover inside the boiler.

if you call vaillant, make sure you have a cuppa made; last time i called them i listened to their messages for 55 minutes or there abouts.

that's nice u all having a friendly reunion on my thread lol ;) me though I have no work now this week for the first time in donkys years :( its all been plumbed in correctly cold to cold in hot out and central heating in and out if that helps. I

But what does the installer say about the problem?

I hope that you are not going to be paying him until its working and he has notified CORGI.

Tony

I haven't paid him as such as he is a friend and he took all the old lead and boiler as payment as not got much money. I didnt realize stupid me it does work as it turns on when u run the hot water and heats it up and I do get hot water but only when I run my tap slowly I think what the problem is by reading the cover on the front it says that u should fill up the tank before use and there is no water in there so its only heating it as it flows through the boiler. I take it that this is why its not fully operating as having permanate hot water cause there is none in the tank. If this is the problem how do I fill up the tank. Thanks for the help.

I doubt that you need to do anything apart from turning on the hot tap.

However, its better to call your friend with the lead back to explain it to you properly.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back