heatline c24 central heating ok water warm then cold

Never seen one that was installed properly.

You are unlikely to see a properly installed Heatline because those very few are all working fine and never break down!

Tony

Well said tony.!

I have installed lots of theses for a landlord and up to now (finger crossed) i have not been called back to any of them.

Clean the system and they are very reliable.

Bengasman you keep installing you cdi eh, not everyone can afford a worcester boiler.You think just because they are cheap they are s h i t e.

WRONG

Sponsored Links
qad, gobert, cherylsmith1982

I am a heatline service agent based in hartlepool, if any of you live with in a 25 mile radius of hartlepool I would be happy to help. you can find my email address in my profile.

as for how good or bad heatline boilers are... they are as good or bad as the installer. poorly fitted boiler will result in a poor performing boiler. fitted well and they will do well. they are not perfect but I have fitted many and all the ones I fit have preformed well so far...

There are several possible causes of the boiler not working correctly but any competent boiler engineer will be able to diagnose the problem.

The fault on Cheryl's heating does seem to be just a lack of flow as a result of the 15 mm tube and/or sludge or debris in the eye of the pump.

Without opening the boiler up and doing tests and inspections its not possible to guess.

Gobert, its better to post your own problem in your own new thread as yours is different from Cheryl.

Yours can be one of several things which again any competent engineer would be able to diagnose. You seem to have had a parts changer. If that happened to me then I would not expect to be paying for parts which did not fix the problem nor would I want to pay someone who obviously did not have the expertise to diagnose boiler faults.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi,

We have a Heatline C24 boiler. The boiler heats the hot water when the central heating is on, however when the central heating is off the hot water doesn't work. We have had the boiler serviced, a valve of some sort has been replaced, but still no luck?

Has anyone got any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks

flow switch/turbine.this is a pain in the arse to change.and probably quicker to take the gas valve out to get to it.so its a job for an rgi.

It sounds like sludge to me. Try powerflushing everything.

There are no hard and fast rules on gas pipe size - it simply needs to be big enough to get from the meter to the boiler with a pressure drop of less than 1mb, with all other gas appliances on. There should still be 20mb at the meter, if not, call Transco.

mysteryman. not your fault as Greavsie81 should have posted a new topic.iv given my diagnosis on his question yet youve probably read the whole post which is nearly a year old.and given yours.

Hi,

We have a Heatline C24 boiler. The boiler heats the hot water when the central heating is on, however when the central heating is off the hot water doesn't work. We have had the boiler serviced, a valve of some sort has been replaced, but still no luck?

Has anyone got any ideas on what the problem might be?

Thanks

You should have started your own new topic!

Its difficult to comprehend your fault because if the boiler is recognising a demand for hot water then it should still fire up even if the heating is off and. if the diverter valve moves. to put at least a little heat into the hot water.

If what you have described was really the case and nothing else was wrong then the diverter valve would be moving to the wrong position but thats not normally possible.

Again a competent boiler engineer is needed but not a parts changer as described above.

No competent engineer could/would "service" the boiler and leave it in a faulty condition. However a service does not repair faults and no one should call for a boiler to be serviced when a repair is required. Any experienced engineer tests a boiler before servicing to make shure it really is working.

Tony

We have fitted a couple of heatline boilers , no probs yet , must admit I have gone through the entire B&Q boiler range :oops: :) & from personal expierence I can safely say with out hesitation, that the worst boiler's are the ravenheats so there you are :)

Just purchased a couple of boiler's from there the other day , they are now being installed by our international installation team , in Spain :D

Sorry, i should have started a new thread, but it's pointless doing it now.

It was a friend that looked at the boiler, i also asked him to service it because we're moving house. The water is heated very slightly when the boiler's in summer mode? Not sure if that gives any indication to what it might be?

Very naughty to hijack a thread. Apart from that, the question is a bit superfluous as well

I'm with my mate Tony & others; great wee boiler for the money and we have fitted 100s for Landlords with Let property. All top notch componants in them & a peice of pizz to work on.

We stuck one up on the wall in our stores & got a couple of apprentices to connect it up with a couple of rads. then got them to strip it down to the bare bones, put it back together again & fire it up/commission it etc. These lads also thought it was a great wee appliance to work on.

Of course it's down to the installer & the installation!! Like all boilers the system should be as clean as Nun's knickers, the gas system should be right & installed/commissioned correctly.

You 'parts changers' should learn about boiler before passing judgement!!

P.S. We bought 10 last week, when our local B&Q were banging them out for £280..............I'll make £400 a pop on them!! Lovely!!!!............... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You lot can stick to your Whorecester Tupperware Bosch, but I like to make money!!............. ;)

The early Heatline C24 has a fine gauze filter fitted in the return shutoff valve. Over time this can clog up causing lazy heating . I E. Rads just warm and hot water going on and off. There is a screw cap that has to be taken off. You must know what your doing or you will be burnt with pressurised boiling water. Get a gas Safe engr to sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back