Heatline C24 possible pump problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I'll try to give quite a bit of detail to aid clarity...

I have a C24 which, after about 3 years of use, gave out when the diverter valve failed due to a water leak. This shorted the diverter motor. I believe this is a common fault.

The plan was thus: Buy service kit/new motor, buy cleaning materials, buy inhibitor... Then clean out the system, refill with an inhibitor.

A service kit was ordered and is now fitted, central heating system filled and bled. Boiler power up and DHW is hot and I no longer have an excuse to avoid washing dishes.

The central heating system is now running but radiators downstairs remain cold while the upstairs radiators are warming up, albeit not to a fantastically warm temperature.

The pump can be heard running, the boiler ignites ok, the red LEDs light up to 70 and after a short while the boiler stops heating water. The cycle repeats a little while later.

The water leaving the boiler is hot as expected, the return is still cold... After an hour of running this remains to be the case.

My first stop is to question the diverter service kit, I used some spares to demonstrate how I put it in, can anyone confirm this is the correct order so I can immediately rule that problem out?

My other concern is that the pump is running very hot to the touch (on setting 3). I'm thinking perhaps the symptoms with certain radiators being cold are pointing towards this being on it's way out? But in this case would the central heating return still be so cold? Or am I looking at a possible blockage somewhere along the way?

Sponsored Links
Undid the pump screw and checked it, it was spinning freely
Then I looked down and spotted the problem.

I forgot to open the tap on the central heating return :rolleyes: :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back