Heatline C28 boiler is not working!!! we need help!! please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Heatline C28 HE Condensing Combi Gas Boiler, we use the boiler to heat water for shower and dishes mainly, and from time to time for the heaters in the rooms. Until yesterday the behaviour of the boiler was quite normal. But yesterday evening we turned on the boiler to the winter mode, to heat the heaters in some rooms of the house. We moved the central heating temperature controller to the maximum position and the boiler was working the whole night perfectly. But this morning one of us had a shower and was working well, but a little bit later I tried to have a shower and the boiler was not heating. We went to check out the control panel and the led corresponding to "check overheat safety thermostat" was flashing. We turned off the boiler to summer mode and the led stopped flashing. We tried to heat a tap water and was not working. The boiler made a noise like when is going to start working but nothing happened. We tried several times leaving the boiler for a while to let it chill. But it was not working. Sometimes it started to heat, we could see the heaters inside the boiler burning, but in 10 seconds more or less the pressure indicator started to go up from 1.5 (normal position) until 2.5. When it arrives at that point the boiler does a really weird noise and the pressure goes down and the heaters inside the boiler turned off. As soon that thing happens we close the tap water because we do not want to know what could happens after. so, there is the problem, I hope you can understand what we mean. It could be really good if somebody can give us an idea or solution about what is going on. Thank you very much for your time and attention. Kind Regards.

Sponsored Links
ok... i dont quite follow what you are saying :eek:

but your best bet is to phone heatline and:

A, see if it is under warranty
B, ask to see how much a repair is

from what i understand of what you have wrote it could be a flow/dirt problem but you will need a competent repair engineer to have a look at it

Hi Mehran,

I have asimilar problem, I have an heat line C30 compact combi boiler.

When the CH is on The burners come on for 10-20 secs then the pressure builds from 1.5 bar to over 2 bar then cuts out. When in DHW mode and hot water taps are turned on the pressure climbs very quickly once the burners come on and the pressure rockets to 4 bar and the relief valve lifts.

I was out of warranty and when I phoned heat line to get it fixed they could not supply an engineer that could fix it.

I am struggling to get some one to fix it.

Brittish gas would not even service it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back