Heatline C28 DHW Intermittent Temperature

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gents,

There are loads on this site about the Heatline C28 and DHW issues but i cant seem to find anything that relates to my problem and im hoping someone can help.

The Situation.

Central Heating Operates Fine. Secondary Heat Exchanger is red hot during central heating.

The DHW Temperature reading is at 60' and the Temperature setting dial is on Maximum.

I drained the system recently and the water was clean and then i flushed the system through with water for a good half hour and did not get any dirty water out of the system. Basically i left the filling loop on and opened the last radiator in the circuit to drain.

When i open the hot water tap i get instant hot water and it runs for a good couple of minutes until the the temperature drops to a luke warm temperature, it does not go cold. This is not an exact science as sometimes the water will stay hot.
The boiler burner is still operating on full and the secondary heat exchanger is hot but you can put your hand on it without it burning you when the water has gone warm.

Any suggestions?

Any steps to eliminate replacing unecessary parts but to isolate the actual offending component?

Thanking you in advance.

UPDATE 01/03/2012

Gents i have now undertaken the following works and i still can not get Domestic Hot Water.

Removed and cleaned the Primary Heat Exchanger.

Removed and cleaned the secondary Heat Exchanger.

Removed and cleaned the inline incoming mains Water Filter.

Removed and cleaned the Flow Sensor.

I assume at this juncture we start replacing parts? if so which one should i start with?

Thanks.

Ross.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back