Heatline Combi Boiler-flame turns On & Off automatically

I am looking for suggestion here not critics. A mistake is done and now we need a solution. If you can come to the point directly it will save the time for both of us. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Clean the return filter out and it will work again. Its in the valve with the blue lever on and should be on the bottom right.
When it works send me a dark chocolate orange ;)

flush it again (properly this time), fit a magnaclean/spirovent/boiler buddy on the ch return, remove and clean out plate to plate and boiler filter. These Heatlines are cheap for a reason-you should consider a maintenance contract.

That was my mistake and it's too late now for that. I need to find a solution to this problem. Could you suggest or advice anything????

Thanks

Of course I could but I've trained and qualified at great expense and have years of experience in the trade only for some illegal (and shoddy) gas worker to earn your hard earned instead. You pay peanuts. . . . . .

HEY!
That is my line!

Sponsored Links
If powerflushed properly, you don't have to worry about the plate hex, it will be cleaned in the process.
If you don't have an alloy primary heatexchanger that is.

flush it again (properly this time), fit a magnaclean/spirovent/boiler buddy on the ch return, remove and clean out plate to plate and boiler filter. These Heatlines are cheap for a reason-you should consider a maintenance contract.

Thank you.

Clean the return filter out and it will work again. Its in the valve with the blue lever on and should be on the bottom right.

Thanks dude, I will try this and would update you soon.

:(
I have opened the Boiler and seen return filter, which is in the middle of the Boiler at the bottom. it's a blue lever and has a little red outler with a transparent cap on it. Do I need to open this one? shall I shut down the water and gas supply before I do it ?
Could you instruct me at all on this or shall I get anyone to do this? please advice . :(

have opened the Boiler and seen return filter, which is in the middle of the Boiler at the bottom

:confused:

Doesn't sound right.

The return valve should be at the bottom right. It is a 22m valve and should have a blue lever on it. The filter lives within. Take the nut off the end of the valve and remove the filter. A toothbrush is ideal for cleaning it. Its better to completely remove the valve in my opinion. That way you can see whats going on and clean it better.
To access it you will need to de-pressurise the system and turn off the flow valve. You will need to catch any water that comes from the boiler or the system but with the drinking straw principle on your side it is not likely that more than half a boiler full will escape.
Make sure the electricity is turned off to the boiler before you start.
You shouldn't need to turn the gas off as you wont be touching anything with gas in it.
Next job > Fit a magnaclean
;)

Doesn't sound right.

The return valve should be at the bottom right. It is a 22m valve and should have a blue lever on it. The filter lives within. Take the nut off the end of the valve and remove the filter. A toothbrush is ideal for cleaning it. Its better to completely remove the valve in my opinion. That way you can see whats going on and clean it better.
To access it you will need to de-pressurise the system and turn off the flow valve. You will need to catch any water that comes from the boiler or the system but with the drinking straw principle on your side it is not likely that more than half a boiler full will escape.
Make sure the electricity is turned off to the boiler before you start.
You shouldn't need to turn the gas off as you wont be touching anything with gas in it.
Next job > Fit a magnaclean
;)[/quote]

I did clean the filter with brush but it seems alright. I did remove the whole filter but it's fine. The hot water is working better than before but goes back to the On and Off situation occassionally. What to do to make it perfect now??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back