heatline s24 driving me mad help!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i have heatline s24 driving me mad it fires up all burners light for about 10 seconds and then goes out it does this 3 times and then lockout, when it as lit i can still hear the ignition electrodes still sparking had corgi guy round and he put new gas valve in and new flame sense electrode but it is still the same any ides thanks
ps hope this is in right place as all new to me :?:

Sponsored Links
This is not an diy job, you will have to find a better RGI to sort it out.
Ask your money back from the chap who changed the valve as he did not know what he was doing.

cant get money back as he said shop wont take gas valve back after fitting guss i have just been ripped off would like any ideas what this prob could be so the next guy i get round i mite have some idea what he is on about thanks

Hard to tell for sure from behind a keyboard, but it sounds like flame rectification.
There is a simple way of avoiding risk with the next engineer; find someone who is confident enough in his own skills to agree no-cure-no-pay.
After all, you asked to repair the boiler, rather than: "hey, do you feel like coming around, drink my tea and change some parts to see what happens?"

It is not unreasonable, I work on this principle and if there are special circumstances that make this not feasible, I will make it clear in advance.

Don't tell the next one what you think it is, it is his job to find out and he could rightfully claim more money than agreed if it turns out to be not, or not all of the problem.

Sponsored Links
it sounds like a classic flame rectification problem.

any repair engineer worth is salt should be able to work it out on the spot.

just found your email :LOL:

most likely a pcb but would need some checks to make sure

pcb is not cheap :evil:

had corgi guy round and he put new gas valve in and new flame sense electrode but it is still the same any ideas thanks

Presumably you engaged him to fix your boiler.

He failed to do that! You should not have paid him!

He is obvious incompetent but thats not your fault and you should not have to pay for his shortcomings.

Its quite simple, you ask him in writing headed "letter before action" to return all money paid within 10 days because he has not fixed your boiler.

If he does not return the money then claim against him using the on line court claim procedure to include your application costs.

I assume that he really was CORGI registered?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back