Heatline Vizo 24 air pressure switch problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have had a bit of a bad day.
I have an air pressure warning switch problem today. It was replaced and and also the pcb, but the warning light still blinks on and off.
I'm thinking it could be the fan but I don't want to throw any more parts at it. the fault diagram dosen,t help on the downloads as they are all half missing. please somebody help.

Sponsored Links
With the money you wasted on the pcb and air pressure switch you could have had a proper RGI come round and diagnose the fan and replace it!
Now you have put yourself and family at risk by working in the combustion chamber.
Sorry but under forum rules we are unable to provide you with any more info on your problem

I did not replace these items myself. I wouldn't work on the boiler.
I have been advised by another engineer, it's probably the fan.
The other engineer put the air pressure switch and PCB on them.
I would never put my family at risk.

Unfortunately we now have a generation of 'Fault code engineers' If they can't get the answer from the manual they are stumped. It's a bit annoying to us that when people walk up to a boiler and diagnose the pcb because that is at the bottom of the fault finding chart.
On this model I've only ever needed to change a pcb once and that was because the tenant caused a spike when they put their 'leccy on the fiddle'
I'm sorry for jumping to the wrong conclusion but it's the way you said that you didn't want to throw more parts at it implied you were doing it yourself.
I hope your boiler is working fine now with its new fan d;)

Sponsored Links
We don't give advice to DIYers on gas/combustion issues.

If these parts were changed by a professional then you should not have to pay for them if they have not cured the problem. Nor for that matter his diagnostic fee either as he has not correctly diagnosed the problem.

You need to reclaim anything that you have paid, let him recover the new parts and refit the old ones.

Then call a competent engineer!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back