Heatmiser UH1 / Boiler problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of installing wet underfloor heating throughout my house. So far we have done the bathroom and am about to start the main bedroom.

We have purchased the underfloor system from continental UFH using the Heatmiser 12v network thermostats with the UH1 wiring centre. As with most of the work I have installed the UFH myself which seems to work. I have had a plumber fit the manifold and new cylinder / shower / bath etc. The plumber is someone I have known for a long time and he always does a good job.

My problem is that, although the plumbing seems fine, I am having real problems getting the boiler to provide heat to the system. The boiler is a two and a half year old Worcester Bosch Greenstar Ri Boiler. Before the existing systems were removed and replaced it had worked perfectly. While we sorted out the plumbing the boiler was fully disconnected for about 4 months. I initially wired in the UH1 with only the boiler enable, UFH pump, mains and thermostat wired in. The boiler though is extremely sporadic. It works for a short period of time and then shuts itself off without ever really getting properly hot.

I contacted both continental and heatmiser to see if they had any experienced operatives in the area but was told that any competent electrician would be able to set it up. I employed competent electrician today who has tidied up the system but did not feel confident enough to turn it on as he couldn't get to grips with the wiring diagram.

Sunsequently I had a conversation with continental and got a few things sorted out in my mind, got them in place this evening and got it going again. The boiler started again but then went off after a couple of minutes. This is driving me nuts as no-one seems able to tell me the problem or come out and have a look. So is their anyone out there who can help me please!!

I am a reasonably competent DIYer and an Architect by profession so do have some background but am really struggling with this!

PS The system is S plan with two pumps (one CH and one UFH) and a two port zone valve on each (at moment set permanently open).

Sponsored Links
I initially wired in the UH1 with only the boiler enable, UFH pump, mains and thermostat wired in. The boiler though is extremely sporadic. It works for a short period of time and then shuts itself off without ever really getting properly hot.

When the stat for the UFH calls for heat, do both pumps and the boiler fire up?

With the zone valves open on manual at the moment, do any of the radiators get hot/warm when the UFH stat kicks in?

have you wired every thing through the uh1 ? what are the 2 zone valves for, you only need one to block or allow the cylinder to reheat ,(no rad circuit ?) also the ri boiler can be a sod to get all the air out of, you might have an airlock in the heat exchanger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back