Worcester Boiler and UH1 ufh wiring help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning.

I have wired a new conversion with the assistance of our electrician but am a little stuck wiring the boiler and our jg ufh system.

We have a jg uh1 wiring center which we have wired for mains on the downstairs ring. Our boiler is on separate supply.

We have installed 1.5mm twin and earth between boiler and uh1 to act as boiler enable. This all seems correct as per jg diagram.

I understand our worcester bosch greenstar heatslave ii 25/32 has a loop installed between live and switched live. We should remove this and wire our boiler enable to this. At the uh1 we wire to the volt free boiler enable contacts.

Now our electrician suggests both uh1 and boiler should be on same supply. The heatmiser uh1 guide says to power uh1 from boiler fused spur but jg makes no reference to this and just says fused spur. Is this essential?

Worcester technical also suggested volt free contacts can not be wired to their boiler. Confused?!

Is my wiring logic sound?

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
the volt free is just that you provide the voltage required (this allows for both boilers with 24v or 240v switching), in this case it will come from the live supply at the boiler to the wiring center and then back in to live return.

Thanks for the quick replies.

so my wiring logic for boiler enable is sound.

To rectify the supply issue. Does putting boiler and ufh socket ring on same rcd work? Or do i have to take down boards and put cable between uh1 and boiler fused spur?

Thanks
mike

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. Boards off tomorrow then!

I'll put a socket faceplate on the existing spur at the uh1 and add a new box running 4mm from the existing boiler spur.

This will mean 4mm from board to boiler switch and onto uh1 switch

Thanks
Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back