Heatmiser UH8RF and nest wired thermostat or any other wired thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I have just wired the Heatmiser UH8RF on the neostat v2 thermostats which are wired, from what I have just been told the UH8RF only works with the wireless thermostats. This brings me to my next question, can I use a nest or hive wired thermostat to control the following.

Underfloor heating - single zone
Radiator circuit
Hot water cylinder.

The idea is to have one stat for the radiators, one stat for the underfloor and hot water cylinder timer, I have used the neo air v2 stat before paired up with the UH8RF and this works perfectly. I was just misinformed by someone that the UH8RF works with wired stats.

Is it better for me to get the UH8 system and use the existing 2 x wired stats ?

Sponsored Links
It would seem that it’s supposed to be for use with Heatmiser wireless thermostat’s, however there could be a workaround, unfortunately not my forte. See the Manual

no such beastie exists, all Hive and nest are wireless it is the receivers that are wired not the thermostats
Technically my friend (as I’m sure you’re aware), the Nest learning thermostat can be wired ;)

Sponsored Links
Technically my friend (as I’m sure you’re aware), the Nest learning thermostat can be wired ;)
Hi Mate, do you mean by powering the Nest by T1&T2 where the signal can be transmitted via these wires when the wireless signal has connection problems ?
I have heard mixed opinions on doing this some say it works other say it doesnt, have never tried it to be honest

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi Mate, do you mean by powering the Nest by T1&T2 where the signal can be transmitted via these wires when the wireless signal has connection problems ?
I have heard mixed opinions on doing this some say it works other say it doesnt, have never tried it to be honest
Yes mate, the T1 and T2. I have wired them up like this when changing customers boilers, haven’t heard of any problems with them to be honest.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back