Heatrae Sadia Megaflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently moved into an apartment which is 10 years old and fitted with a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo water heater which has two switches next to it, one marked "off peak" and one marked "boost". The only way I can get the water hot is to use the "boost" which heats the water VERY hot. The off peak switch lights up and it sounds as if it is heating the water when it kicks in at about 1am til 8am but the water is never hot.
An engineer came to look and said that the thermostat didnt need replacing, he took it out, looked at it and put it back in saying that it would be ok but it still didn't heat the water. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing until 1am whether it is working on the off peak and I have to take time off work to be here for the engineer to come out so I dont want to waste any more time if he doesn't really know what needs replacing. Any ideas???

Sponsored Links
off peak is overnight cheap rate (bottom element)

boost is full price (top element) :idea:

you might be better posting in the sparks (spit :LOL: ) forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back