Heatslave 12/14 - continued lock out problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

First ever post on a forum, been driven to it by my malfunctioning boiler! Excellent site, have visited many times to read advice on boiler problems and have always found a solution...until now.

My Worcester Heatslave 12/14 (oil) boiler has been working fine but the lockout light is on. I have tried to reset it and nothing. Then I bled it, which has solved this problem before. Oil and air shot out (bubbly oil) but then no oil and no air.

I've checked the inlet from the oil tank - it looks to be fine and there is oil flowing through the pipe between the tank and boiler. The pump kicks in when the reset button is pressed but it doesn't fire up and after a few seconds the lock out light comes on again. There's about half a tank full of oil and it hasn't run out of oil any time recently.

Out of desperation I have bled all the radiators and changed the switch fuse but as you can probably guess this didn't help!

Any help would be greatly appreciated - if not boiler help, perhaps you could advise if it's safe to wash clothes in the dishwasher? :D

Apologies for the lack of technical talk - blonde (took me long enough to work out how to get the front off the thing!).

Many thanks in advance,
Jaq

Sponsored Links
If you are absolutely certain that there is clean oil passing from the tank to the boiler then either oil can't be supplied to the burner nozzle or there is a fault with the spark ignition system.
This burner should be an Inter B9A which uses the BFP 41 L3 pump. On the side of this pump there is a black solenoid held on with one central screw (the thing does swivel) and its this solenoid that breaks down often.
Its part number is Danfoss 071N0051. This solenoid allows the oil to be pumped through the burner nozzle on demand.
Only a guess, obviously - we don't know when the boiler was last serviced or its general cleanliness inside.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back