heatslave 12/18 greenstar bleed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can some bright spark tell me where I can find the oil bleed valve for the W-B Heatslave 12/18 greenstar. The oil has run dry and I'm getting it filled tomorrow but can't find the valve anywhere. I really only have access to the front without taking the kitchen worksurface off (rented house) so please tell me it's not on top!! Detailed location would be appreciated and a photo will earn a crate of beer.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sponsored Links
You will be pleased to know that it is indeed on the top.

Shi$te design!

It will be on the oil pump at the side of the burner. Follow the oil line into the boiler. Inside the casing there should be a braided flexible hose. That will take you to the oil pump. Not worked on this model but depending on pump type depends on which to use as bleed. Look at manual it will tell you. If not post pump number. Might say something like Danfoss BFP 11 R3.

just press the lockout button, chances are it will fire up. .which is on top..

I wish worster would put the picture of the designer on their packaging, a bit like tesco "28 day matured beef" :rolleyes: which has a picture of the farmer. would do.

Then I could make a life like effigy and stick pins in it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks!!

I've just been checking how to get the worksurface off and I think there is a square of worksurface they've left unsealed that I can slip out. Makes sense. I look at the technical drawings on the WB website. Is the bleed valve on the oil pump? There seem to be three different types of oil pump depending on which type they fitted.

Any further advice on where I find it or how easy it is to bleed?

Many thanks

christ

That was quick. Spent ages writing that last post and looking on the WB website and you lot had all responded in that time. Apologies for repeating myself. Thanks very much. I'll try the lockout button before dismantling the landlords kitchen.

Cheers

Matt

Stop looking for a valve its a hexagon nut. If your not sure just slacken the braided pipe connection as it enters the pump until the oil comes through. Then retighten. It will probably fire up and be fine.

much appreciated. Thanks for all the prompt replies. Looking forward to getting some heating back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back