Heatslave 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. We have a Worcester heatslave 15/19 balanced flue. Recently we had some radiators taken out of the system. Since then the system has been emptied and refilled. The problem I have is the pressure. The dial at the front one black and one red marker. The red one says 1 and the black is on zero. When we emptied the system and refilled it, we let water into the system and then i suppose when it got full the pipes juddered and then the overflow started chucking out water on the drive but the black marker did not move. Forgive the explination I am female.

Any one have any idea how to get this black line off of Zero? We have bled all the radiators for air but nothing. Could this dial be broke? I still can have hot water and the radiators do warm up when put on.

Any ideas would be grateful. I will obviously call in a professional if I have to but if its something that is easily done I will do it myself or better still get the Hub to do it.

Sponsored Links
Let some more water into the system.
Stop letting water into the system when the black dial gets to the red one [ 1 bar]
If the dial goes back down again you have let pressure out of the system either by bleeding rads or theres a leak or open end somewhere.
If you let too much water in then the excess will be released resulting in juddery things and stuff.

Edit :
Sometimes the wire [capilliary tube] leading to the pressure guage gets blocked or kinked resulting in the guage not working or working very slowly.

I have kept on filling the system, but all that happens is the juddering, I wait for it to stop then add more water but it judders again. I will check this pipe thingy though

Sponsored Links
Sounds like dead gauge. New one available from bes.co.uk, but may not have red pointer. One from worcester will be more expensive. You need to let the pressure off the boiler by twisting the safety valve anticlockwise, then you can unscrew the gauge. have the new one ready with ptfe tape wrapped round the threads, and you will not lose much water changing over. If it still works, you could do up the screw on the automatic air vent to reduce water loss. While the pressure is at zero, you should check the expansion vessel. Search the forum around late 2003 for lots on this.

More to this than you thought, I expect. Might be better to get someone in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back