heatslave 15/19 boiler refill help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil boiler. It is a sealed system. I have had to replace a leaking valve and had to drain the system.

I need to know how to refill the boiler. I downloaded a manual but it just shows two examples without any info.

Desperate to get it working again. Any help would be gratefully received.

Steve

Sponsored Links
THe Heatslave does not have a built in filling loop, it is provided separately, probably near the boiler, if in a kitchen in a cupboard next to the boiler, or somewhere near the boiler, you are looking for a silver braided hose, with a valve at one or both ends, you may need a screwdriver to operate the valves, basically open each valve (you will hear water hissing into system) untill the boiler pressure gauge (below the pump inside the boiler case rises to 1-00 Bar, at this point turn off the valves (make sure theyare properly turned off - or you will over pressurise ;)

And you might need to set the manual lever on the 2 port motorised valve under the lid of the boiler while you fill it. (I used to have a heatslave 12/14 and that was written on a label on the end of the valve motor housing, might not apply to the 15/19.)

Many thanks guys. You came up trumps. Found it hidden in the airing cupboard.

After filling, I found some more leaks. They can be fixed. At least I can fill it again.

Great Stuff

Steve :D

Sponsored Links
And vent the bleed screws on top of the boiler and in the boiler pipework, all visible with the top panel off. I think there are 3 (?) plus the aav which should be left 1/2 to 1 turn open.

Got back after a break and have another question. Once you have filled the boiler and it is working OK, do you have to close the "Mains Cold Inlet Isolating Valve" or leave it open???

Filled the boiler to about 1.2 bar. The heating has been on for a while and pressure is slowly rising. It is set to work at 3bar Max, so if it goes over, would it be better to drain again and fill to 1bar as stated or can I just drain back to allow pressure to go down??

Got back after a break and have another question. Once you have filled the boiler and it is working OK, do you have to close the "Mains Cold Inlet Isolating Valve" or leave it open???
Close it

Filled the boiler to about 1.2 bar. The heating has been on for a while and pressure is slowly rising. It is set to work at 3bar Max, so if it goes over, would it be better to drain again and fill to 1bar as stated or can I just drain back to allow pressure to go down??

Pressure will go up as boiler gets warm but shouldn't reach 3bar if all is ok, when it's cold you can let a bit out to set at 1bar for peace of mind.

Just checked the boiler and the pressure has now nearly reached 3bar. I switched off the boiler a while ago when it was at about 2bar. So I will close the valve.

I suppose that's why the pressure keeps going over the 3bar limit?

You can't turn the valve off as it feeds you the water. It has gone a little over 3bar. I will wait until it is cold and drain back to just 1bar. Hopefully all will be well.

If the pressure keeps building after that, then I will have to look further and post a new one for you guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back