worcester heatslave 15/19

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with my worcester heatslave 15/19!

Everything was fine then no hot water. Took a look and the pressure was down with the lock out light on.

Checked my house piping with no leaks and checked the oil pipe all seems ok.

Re-pressurised system and it holds pressure until i hit the lock out reset button. Then pressure drops a bit and it shuts down again.

The user guide does not seem to help.

Please, any help would be greatful

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Does it hold pressure after the slight drop, does the boiler go through the firing sequence after you press reset and at what stage does it cut out?. What make oil burner is it?.

thanks both. pressure is just above 1 when i re boot with lock out switch. system starts to boot up for about 30 seconds. in this time pressure drops to just under 1. after this 30 or 40 seconds it locks out again.

Sponsored Links
By lockout do you mean overheat reset as this is what trips with low pressure. If you're not having to press the lockout button on the burner then there is no oil-side fault.

What I assume is that its locked out due to low pressure.

But I do have to push the lock out re set to re boot, which obviuosly cuts out after half a min.

I have checked the thermoststat reset button but this appears totally lose as there is not spring behind it, so I don't know if its a case of pushing the thermostat reset but it appears broken to me as its so lose?

I hope this is the case!

Thanks again, any advice is greatfully accepted

There is no pressure switch on this boiler.
The pressure drops because the gauge is situated on the pump intake, and when you restart, the pump starts, lowering pressure on its intake.
If the limit stat was tripped, it would not start.
Can you hear the boiler light before lock-out?
Do you have oil? If so is it getting to burner?
If you have oil, are you getting a spark? Is the nozzle wet after trying to light? Do you have a faulty solenoid?
The fault chart for this boiler is very concise and helpful, follow the sequence and it should become apparent.
Call in a service technician.

Just had a self employed corgi plumber round and he has examined it.

There appears to be a problem with the oil pump overheating which has melted some kind of fail safe plastic bit which allegedly protects the main motor.

I did see this part totally melted.

Any second opinions would be appreciated. Thanks all for replying to this thread......

will keep you posted as he returns am tomorow

Just had a self employed corgi plumber round and he has examined it.

There appears to be a problem with the oil pump overheating which has melted some kind of fail safe plastic bit which allegedly protects the main motor.

I did see this part totally melted.

Any second opinions would be appreciated. Thanks all for replying to this thread......

will keep you posted as he returns am tomorow

If it was cylindrical it wuld have been the motor capacitor, if it was square it would have been the ignition transformer.

it sounds to me like the "drive coupling" that sits between the oil pump & the motor meaning that either the Oil pump is siezed or has a "tight-spot" & a CORGI man????? thats for gas!!!! can I assume that the button you are pressing is an orange one on the burner...which indicates that it is a burner fault, there are some great engineers in the carmarthen area & can give you their numbers, they are one I would recommend

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back