Heatslave 9.24 Burner Cycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Worcester Heatslave 9.24 was working fine. Now the burner seems to cycle with hot water running hot/luke warm. Sometimes heating does not come on in morning and requires power cycle of mains supply to start up again. The thermal cut-out is NOT tripping, although it sometimes used to. Turning boliler thermostat down has helped here.

Possible causes: heat exchanger furred up and cannot get heat out to pipes causing thermostat to cycle burner? Faulty thermostat or overheat thermostat.

How old are these things? We only bought the place last year?

If it is the heat exchanger my guess would be it is not worth repairing.

Any help/comment appreciated and thanks for the time you muct give to all these posts!

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
The boiler is probably over 14 years old perhaps 18 !

Its really well past its use by date althouth there quite a few still in use.

I hope its not the one I fixed last year for someone wanting to sell without replacing the boiler.

The morning problem may be a dogey PCB but it and the other problem may be a fan/APS/venturi problem perhaps resulting from lack of proper servicing?

Unless its is very good condition its questionable if its worth repairing if you are going to live there for a while!

You may find it difficult to get an engineer willing to bother repairing such an old boiler!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back