Heatslave Leak ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just joined the forum to hopefully get some info on my 6 year old Worcester Heatslave 15/19 oil fired combi.

My pressure gauge has been going down from 1 bar to .5 of a bar in 2 hours and the radiators are obviously sucking air in when I open the bleed valve - so I know I've got a leak :(

I've checked all radiator pipes and they seem sound. I've checked all the pipes on the worcester and they seem sound. However, to the rear of the boiler at the bottom I can feel a wet area. As you may know the rear of the boiler is very inaccessable as it's almost flush with the wall so I can't get in to have a look.

My question is, do you think there is a pipe I've missed that could be leaking, or do you think the boiler has a crack / leak ??

Are the Worcester's prone to leaking boilers, etc ??

What is the way forward - can it be welded, or is it a new boiler ??

Is the boiler made from stainless steel ??

Lots of questions, I know :(

I hope one of you kind gents can help :)

Many thanks,
Graeme.

Sponsored Links
check the expansion vessel. these are common to fail. re fill system and then put heating on. tie a bag on prv and if any water is found in the bagonce the rads get hot.

Sponsored Links
SNB,

Thanks for the reply.

I've had a good feel round the back of the boiler tonight. Looking from the front there is a wet patch at the very bottom rear right hand corner of the boiler itself. It's dry above it and to the sides of it, so I think that is my leak.

I'm just wondering if it's a welded joint or a sealed joint and if so, can it be repaired ??

It's a boiler out exercise in any case. If you know, or you are, a good welder, then you can repair the boiler (probably). A heating firm will NOT want to know because of the liabilities. I have a customer who has successfully repaired a boiler, and there are probably many others. If the boiler is 15 years old, don't bother, it's time for a replacement. You may be able to get a replacement heat exchanger from Worcester, or buy a S/H boiler on ebay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back