Heatslave on lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im hoping someone could help me with this - thanks in advance if you can - I have a heatslave 15/19 which is going into lockout following a mishap where the oil tank actually sank at the wrong end, since rectified however left me locked

I've read a number of posts none of which were totally specific to me on how to go about removing the air lock, what i have is a P plug/valve which i have removed however didnt have as much downward pressure as would of if my tank was full, so it didnt exactly flush itself out, but i did eventually get some coming through.
I then read that at this stage you can use the bleed valve when the burner was on to have it flush out the rest, using a clear straw to look for the end to the bubbles.

So i can only assume in the case with my boiler i have to press the unlock button to start the pump, with the valve open and the tube in front of the feed.
Firstly it comes out at a fair rate, and i have always been able to see some amount of bubbles. Its because of the rate of flow i have to ask myself if i'm ever going to get appearingly clear oil down the tube, am i doing this part wrong? i have run a good 6-7 sessions of flow before the lockout, without having the boiler then pick up with the valve replaced.. what i know should be fairly straight forward has begun to worry me quite alot and i just want it working - PLEASE help

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back